Meet the Team
With Dan Jackson
Today we’re talking to Dan, our Business Development Manager, and finding out all about him and his role at Urban Illustration.
- Hi Dan, you started your role during the lockdown, what was it like starting your job working from home?
It has been strange however it has given me and the team plenty of time to ensure everything about the brand and range is perfected before we launch. Also, I do enjoy getting more time to spend with my dog at home.
- Explain your role at Urban Illustration.
In my role as Business Development Manager, I will be the main point of contact for all the UK customers. I will be prospecting new customers and collaborating with them to create the best design and product range to suit their needs.
- So far, what have you found the most exciting part about your role at Urban Illustration? And what are you looking forward to doing in the next year?
I’m very much looking forward to getting out on the road to spread the message about Urban Illustration. I love meeting people in their city and shop to ensure they are getting the correct products. I am also excited about showcasing the brand at trade shows (providing they are still happening!)
- What makes Urban Illustration products unique?
The Innovative designs and printing techniques allow the edge to edge printing. The fact that everything is manufactured and printed in the UK, our ethical credentials. I also think as a brand we have a strong infrastructure in place which guarantees customer flexibility in the design process.
- What is your favourite product from the range?
I love the Attenborough Luxury Bag in 10oz canvas. The all-round gusset and strength of canvas makes it strong enough to carry loads of shopping
- Urban Illustration has so many colour schemes, which do you prefer?
I like the eye-catching bright colours of Burnet but I think the classic Poppy Seed colourway will be the most popular with our customers.
- What are your favourite cities to visit?
Sitges, London, Sydney, and Berlin
- How would others describe you in three words?
Beautiful, Gorgeous and Stunning – Joke! – Flamboyant, Funny and Tall!
- What are your interests and hobbies outside of work?
Going out dancing, long Sunday pub lunches, going climbing and watching shows at the theatre
- Tell us an interesting fact about yourself.
I played a drag queen in the new Everybody’s Talking About Jamie movie, which is being released in October.
If you would like to get in touch with
Dan for any information about Urban Illustration you can contact him via email